COVID-19 Patient Safety
What To Expect At Your Next Dental Visit
Dear Valued Tooth Suite Patients,
Due to the current global pandemic COVID-19, dental appointments will look very different for the time being and potentially for all future visits. Our priority is to keep you and your families safe and healthy along with our staff and their families. We are following the most current protocol specified by our governing body, the Alberta Dental Association & College. To help you prepare for your upcoming dental appointment we have created a checklist to review before you arrive as there are many changes. We want you to continue feeling comfortable during your visit to Tooth Suite Family Dentistry and ease you into our new routine for our practice.
- Patients are to come alone to their appointments unless a parent/guardian or support worker is needed to be present.
- Consent documents that we need completed before your appointment will be emailed to you. If you could complete these at home and send the documents back to us before you arrive it would be greatly appreciated and would limit time in the waiting room. If you require a guardian or support person, they must also complete the consent form. Please sign and date it the day of the appointment.
- If you have your own mask please bring it along with you to save Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for essential workers (this includes parent/guardian and/or support worker).
- Upon arrival we ask that you stay in your vehicle, call us to let us know that you are here, and we will let you know when your operatory is ready.
- Please wear a mask into the clinic.
- When entering the clinic, we ask that you sanitize your hands right away.
- One of our team members will take your temperature to confirm you do not have a fever.
- Any consent documents that were not completed prior to your arrival will then need to be signed.
- We will reaffirm your COVID-19 screening questions.
IN THE CHAIR
- We will provide you with a cup of rinsing agent and ask you to rinse for 30 seconds to 1 minute, and then spit back into the cup and then pour carefully into the sink.
- Once seated in the dental chair our staff will carry out your procedure. Please note that your health care providers will look a little different as well. For procedures we will be wearing gowns, masks and plastic face shields but don’t worry, our smiles are underneath it all!
- Hands will need to be sanitized before leaving the operatory. You may then head to the front desk to complete any payment or exit forms that are required.
Thank you so much for your cooperation, and we look forward to taking care of your dental concerns very soon!
Thank you from the Team at Tooth Suite Family Dentistry!